We’ve all had those days where meetings run late at work, kid activities take longer than we thought, we had to make an extra trip to the store and we’re running out of time to get our exercise in! What do you do, skip it or improvise?
Studies show that you can get results exercise 3x/day for 10 minutes so don’t feel like if you don’t get 30 all at once, it’s a waste of time. Here are a few things you can do in 10 minutes.
1) Walk briskly around the block while you’re waiting for your child to get done with practice.
2) Bundle your baby/grand baby up and put him in the stroller for a brisk walk down the street.
3) Volunteer to be “the horse” and give your kids piggy back rides around the house (only for those with strong backs!)
4) Set the timer for 10 minutes and do a non-stop house cleanup. You can’t stop, at all!! Go! Run to get the vacuum, when finished, jog into the bathroom and grab some laundry, do squats while you’re folding clothes, run the trash out to the dumpster…….keep moving! Stop a few seconds to grab a tricep dip:
5) Try this!
6) Run in place, do some jumping jacks, crunches etc while you work on spelling words with your kids. They’ll roll their eyes and be embarrassed but they’ll get over it.
There’s always time to exercise!
Be sure to “LIKE” us on Facebook for ongoing specials and promotions as well as great health and wellness tips.